We believe that as a business we are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manor. We are there for committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods. It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations. What we do now:
- Low energy light bulbs have been installed throughout the hotel where possible.
- Rooms have cards to put in a slot so electricity isn’t wasted.
- We have implemented a ‘Switch off’ campaign to make sure when rooms are not in use all lights are turned off as well as all computers and televisions.
- Used printer cartridges are recycled and we initiated a ‘Think before your print’ campaign to reduce paper wastage.
- Glass is recycled.
- We serve Fair Trade tea and coffee.
- Where possible our suppliers are locally based and the produce we buy is grown locally to reduce transport costs and food miles whilst supporting local businesses.
- We encourage our suppliers to reduce their packaging and recycle if at all possible.
- We promote awareness of the environment among our employees and work with them to ensure their impact on it is minimal.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, eater, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do not the lease damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where that are non-renewable.
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements if current environmental and legislation and codes of practices,
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Update our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.
- We hope to be able to reduce our paper consumption further by offering guests the option of having bills and invoices emailed to them rather than printing paper copies.
- Any future refurbishment plans will take into account the most recent developments in ways to reduce our impact on the environment.
- Reduce our general waste further by increasing the amount of recycling.